Ledipasvir ( 90 mg) + Sofosbuvir ( 400 mg)- Resof L
RESOF -L Tablet is an antiviral medicine, which is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C viral infection.
RESOF L Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
In RESOF L Tablet, Ledipasvir belongs to the class of drugs called fluorenes. It works by inhibiting a protein, which is required for the viral replication. Thus, it prevents the growth of the virus. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor, which works by inhibiting the polymerase enzyme. This helps in preventing the viral replication.
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RESOF L Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset. The usual recommended dose is one tablet taken orally once in a day.
If you miss a dose of RESOF L Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Drugs that interact with RESOF L Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RESOF L Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RESOF L Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid RESOF L Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking RESOF L Tablet if you have any liver impairment and if you have to take the drug in combination with Amiodarone or Ribavirin.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RESOF L Tablet.
You are advised not to take RESOF L Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RESOF L Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease, diabetes or kidney problems
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs such as Ribavirin or Amiodarone, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.