Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancer in men. This cancer hits the Prostate gland, which is an organ that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperms. There are variations in the prostate cancer; Few grows slowly and is initially confined to the prostate gland and there it may not cause some serious harm. On the other hand, there are few types of prostate cancer that grows slowly and would not need any treatment or might need a minimal attention but few are aggressive that results in spreading quickly. If the prostate cancer detects early when its only confined to prostate gland, the treatment is more successful.
Following are the few symptoms:
- Trouble urinating
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Blood in the urine
- Difficulty in maintaining an erection
- If someone has reached to an advanced level then bone pain, bone fractures can be noticed.
- If the cancer reaches to the spine, one can face leg weakness, urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence.
Risk factors for prostate cancer:
- Age: With increase in age, chances increases too.
- Race: Reason yet not cleared but science proofs that black men faces the prostate cancer more than the men of other races. The level of prostate cancer in black men are more likely to be aggressive and advanced.
- Family history: If any men in your family had prostate cancer, the chances of Prostate cancer increases. Or if someone had a history of breast cancer, the risk of prostate cancer is higher.
Treatment varies as per the level Prostate cancer has reached. For the early stage; the cancer is small and localized it could be handled by one of the below mentioned treatments:
- Monitoring: A regular check on PSA blood levels without any immediate action.
- Radical Prostatectomy: A process of surgically removing the prostate. Traditional surgery demands a stay of 10 days in the hospital with the recovery time spam of 3 months. Rebotic keyhole surgery on the hand requires a short hospital stay and an early recovery period but this treatment is expensive.
- Brachytherapy: Radioactive seeds are implanted into the prostate in the process of targeting radiation treatment.
- Conformal radiation therapy:radiation beams are shaped so that the region where they overlap is as close to the same shape as the organ or region that requires treatment.
In the case of advanced Prostate cancer:
- Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) also known as Androgens Supression Therapy: This is a hormone treatment that reduces the androgen effects. As androgens are the male hormones that increases the cancer growth. Reducing the androgen growth using ADT can either slow down or stop the cancer growth.
You can follow the below preventions:
- Choose a healthy diet
- No supplements
- Work out
- Stay in a healthy weight
Comment in the comment section below to know about Prostate cancer. We at Medinglobal will be happy to guide you on medical terms. We can refer you to the concerned doctor depending on your condition and need. Outside patients can also reach us as tourism facilities like providing interpreter and translator are entertained here.
If you found our blog useful do share and spread. Feel free to leave your thoughts or concern in the comment box below.